Zionism is a comparatively recent word, coined to describe the return of the Jews to the land of their ancestors and the re-establishment of the nation-state of Israel, with Jerusalem (Zion) as their capital.
A Zionist is one who takes part in this or supports those who do. There are Jewish Zionists and Christian Zionists. There are also Jewish anti-Zionists and Christian anti-Zionists. This book is written with the last mentioned group in mind.
* Has God brought the Jewish people back to Palestine?
* How can both Jews and Christians be God s chosen people?
* How many covenants are there in the Bible?
* Do all Christian Zionists accept dispensational teaching?
* Does the God of Israel ever change his promises?
These are some of the questions that must be faced in the light of current attacks on Christian Zionism by some evangelical writers. David Pawson believes that Christians need very clear biblical understanding before making political pronouncements about conflict in the Middle East.